A nearly native, Ellyn Courtois has been in the Vail Valley for over twenty five years. What started out as a position in sales and marketing for the Hyatt Group became a thriving career in real estate as Ellyn wanted to share her passion for the beauty of the Rocky Mountains, the wealth of exquisite mountain properties, and the wonderful community that is the Vail Valley.
Growing up as one of nine children, the Chicago native honors her Midwest values and will deliver exceptional personal service to ensure you’re taken care of; whether you’re looking for the perfect slope side retreat, the ultimate Western lifestyle residence, or the ideal community in which to retire. For those looking to sell, Ellyn provides the competitive edge for your property with professional photography and creative marketing tactics that will make your listing stand out from the rest.
Ellyn, her husband Philippe, and their three daughters reside in Singletree in Edwards and enjoy the vast array of outdoor activities and cultural events the Valley has to offer. Her passion for the area and for exceptional customer service shine through from your first meeting. Ellyn Courtois works tirelessly to take care of her clients and will not rest until you are satisfied. Let Ellyn take care of you.
Learn More About Me
Year End 2017 - Market Analysis
Eagle County real estate experienced a big year in 2017 in terms of dollar volume – the county hit $2.27B in total volume over 2,150 transactions. This reflects the highest dollar volume year since 2007.
The 2017 Eagle County look at the numbers:
- $2,272,442,571 - Total real estate dollar volume - highest since 2007. Dollar volume in 2007 was $2.9B.
- 2,150 - Total number of sales - the most since 2007. 2005 had the most transactions in any given year with 4,023.
- 154 - Total number of commercial transactions totaling $318,847,475.
- $1,066,076 - Overall average sales price of Eagle County real estate
- 74% - Percent of transactions under $1M
- $145,500,000 – Eagle County’s largest sale - Beaver Creek Hotel & Conference Center
- $28,700,000 - Highest priced residential home sold in 2017
- 45 - Number of residential sales over $5M sold in 2017, the highest since 2008 when there were 71 residential sales.
- 15% - Increase in the average sales price of multi-family homes throughout Eagle County from 2016 to 2017 ($899,799)
- 194 - Number of vacant residential lots sold in 2017, the most since 2007 with 240 sales.
- $390,581 - Average price for a residential vacant lot - up 43% from 2016.
- 57% - Total percent of local buyers in Eagle County for 2017.
- 587 - Number of out of state residential buyers accounting for 27% of all residential sales.
- 122 - Number of buyers from Texas, totaling 21% of all out of state sales; followed by Florida with 89 and California with 40.
- 160 - Number of new residential sales; totaling $197M in total dollar volume